Use code FREESHIP at checkout. Feed not included. Base level shipping level only on orders shipped to Canadian addresses. Cannot be combined with other offers. Some exclusions may apply. Contact us for more information. E&OE.
The D ring is designed to aid steering, but does not have the cheek pressure that the full cheek has. The D ring is sometimes used instead of an eggbutt to stop the bit cheeks slipping into the mouth, when turning.
The shape of the ring provides a quiet and neutral position in the horses mouth. Therefore this bit is wonderful for young or inexperienced horses. They receive optimal lateral support and guidance through the rings.
Soft - very supple and pleasant in the mouth with a flexible steel core giving high security, particularly for sensitive or young horse
Hard/Firm – the material is firm and no-flex whilst very pleasant in the mouth, for very strong or horses that lean. A less cumbersome alternative to Vulcanite.
• Sweet Copper for better acceptance. • Acts on the lips, tongue and bars. • D-Ring offers gentle correction to resistance to direct rein. • Smooth transition from the cheeks prevents pinching. • More comfortable for your horse without effecting function. • D-ring positions bit correctly in the horses mouth. • Flexible mouth piece decreases tendency to clench the bit and promotes normal chewing. Sizes : 5", 5 1/4", 5 3/4"
A functional bit at an affordable price, the Shires Lozenge Blue Alloy Hunter D Bit is a great option for schooling as well as competition and is a must-have for your tack room. The traditional D-ring cheek piece gives this bit a classic finish suitable for a variety of disciplines.
The three-piece mouthpiece prevents the "nutcracker" action of single-jointed mouthpieces, and instead applies moderate tongue pressure in a more even manner across the tongue, bars and lips when reins are engaged. With the addition of sweet iron, this bit encourages salivation and provides a pleasant taste.
Please Note: The rusting (oxidation) process will change the blue surface of the bit to a brownish orange/grey color. This is natural, and can be removed by simply wiping with a damp cloth. If the bit will be used infrequently, oxidation between use can be minimized by application of baking soda paste on the mouth and wiping clean after each use.
•Acts on the lips, bars, and tongue. •Bent lateral pieces provide stable, comfortable position in the horses mouth. •The special shape of the center section provides more space for the horses tongue, moderating tongue pressure. • Ideal bit to correct many tongue issues. •Perfect for horses sensitive to high tongue pressure. •No nutcracker effect or palate pressure.
The Shires Segunda Hunter Dee Bit has an upside down u shaped port with sharper edges on the center link can deliver moderate to severe pressure on the tongue. This bit may apply more severe pressure on the horses mouth, tongue and palate.
Optimal adaptation through the unique bit-design - flexibility on the sides
• Enhanced effect with minimum pressure on the reins
• Allows gentle and sensitive aids
• Enables easier communication between horse and rider
• Top-class and professional show jumpers inspired us in the development of the EZ-CONTROL-BIT.
• Their horses (show jumpers) often have a very strong impulsion, making it difficult at times for the rider to bring the horse back before each jump.
• When using too severe bits however, horses become too cautious, resulting in a lack of speed and power in the jumping course.
• With the EZ-CONTROL-BIT we have developed a bit which is very effective and has a strong action on demand, yet positioned soft and comfortable in the horse’s mouth.
• The effect of the bit comes into action gently. When the horse accepts the bit, it lies smoothly between tongue and lower jaw.
• Only in moments of disobedience, when the horse resists the rider's aid, the leverage action of the bit is initiated. As soon as the horse backs down and accepts the rider's aid, the bit acts flexible and soft on the horse’s tongue and bars.
• This particular effect of the EZ-CONTROL-BIT has proved its worth also in the training of young horses. Horse trainers speak of a self-learning-aspect, because many horses begin to correct themselves as soon as the leverage action is initiated.
• The problem of horses getting too strong in the rider's hands and running away from the rider's aid occurs quite often, not only in jumping. We have also had very good results in tests with children, who sometimes did not have enough strength to control their ponies when they were too strong or disobedient.
• With the EZ-CONTROL-BIT riders have a more effective impact on the horse, requiring less pressure on the reins.
Stübben Steeltec quality:
• No rough edges that could hurt the horse's mouth
• Long durability due to selected materials
• A special processing technology ensures that bit holes and link pieces remain intact for longer
•Acts on lips, tongue, bars, pole and chin groove. •Functions as a snaffle on light contact and as a mullen mouth when the horse gets stronger. •Milder in rein effect than a pelham. •Sizes 5”, 5 ¼”’ 5½”, 5 ¾”
• Bit always remains in perfect position. • Functions as snaffle with light rein pressure. • Functions as mullen mouth as pressure increases. • No pressure on palate or nutcracker effect. • The contours of the mouth piece help the horse to find the correct head carriage. • Horses that tend to get strong are corrected by a change of pressure points in the mouth. • Specific shape of the D-rings bear on the outside of the mouth as a gentle correction to resistance to the direct rein. • Sizes 5 ¼”, 5 ½”, 5 ¾”
The core of the bit is made of reinforced nylon. The leather that is stitched around this core, is naturally tanned without chemicals. The saliva production softens the leather bit and makes it more pleasant for the horse.
The flexible mechanism in combination with the taste of the leather, makes the bit particularly suitable for horses with a sensitive mouth.
The MB04 will rotate on the tongue and apply tongue pressure, however it has a small port that introduces some tongue relief to the horse. The port allows the horse to swallow and move his tongue when he is moving forward and relaxed, which acts as a release or reward.
Myler Stainless Steel 3 3/4" Dee with Hooks, MB 04 Low Port Comfort Snaffle, Level 2
The MB 04 is similar to the MB 02 in that it will rotate on the tongue and apply tongue pressure, however, it has a small (¼") port that introduces some tongue relief to the horse. The port allows the horse to swallow and move his tongue when he is moving forward and relaxed, which acts as a release or reward. The mouthpiece is curved, and it wraps around the bars and lips instead of pinching.